GG's Divine Queer Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Libra wants is a quiet night

2 posters

Go down

All Libra wants is a quiet night Empty All Libra wants is a quiet night

Post by Flora Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Libra blinked softly, his eyes adjusting to the darkness. The wind blew past him, musing his hair softly. The gardens were the one part of the mansion Libra could say that he knew perfectly. His first months with the group he had spent most of time out here, learning all the beds and flowers and little spots away from everyone else. It had been peaceful for a time. Libra had even managed to pilfer some of the flowers from the garden for his room. Lately he couldn’t find the time, between the trainings and everything else, he hated it. Often times, when he had nightmares that kept him awake at night he had crept his way down into the gardens. 

That’s where he found himself now. Barefoot and still in his pajamas, he plopped down next to a bed of plants. He smiled softly, letting a small vine wrap its way around his wrist. Libra sighed softly, longing for his days back in isolation. They had been far more peaceful. Libra blinked back into reality to find the vine had traversed most of the length of the arm. Libra knew it would be an odd scene to anyone else. The hero sat alone in the garden at night, wrapped up in plants, still in his nightclothes. Libra could only hope that he could have some peace tonight.
Flora
Flora

Back to top Go down

All Libra wants is a quiet night Empty Re: All Libra wants is a quiet night

Post by Joule Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:51 pm

Joule couldn't sleep again. It was no wonder. Most people would have trouble sleeping, if they knew that at any point in their dreams, or rather nightmares, they could accidentally kill themselves. Every night was an adventure, and not a pleasant one at that. His body held up together better than the average non-powered person so he could go a couple of nights without sleep, but it wasn't exactly pleasant.

The full moon made any lights in the garden obsolete. He simply walked in silence, contemplating everything and nothing at all. Occasionally Helen's voice echoed in his mind, and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't ignore his stubborn herologist.

Here is a list of things which you should eat, here's a list of what you should avoid.... You should do this, you should do that, you shouldn't drink, you shouldn't smoke, you shouldn't have that can of coke. You should never be too far from a hospital, you should always let me know where you are, you should get proper sleep, you should see someone about the nightmares, you should be careful-

He didn't want to be careful. He didn't want to snack on slugging carrots and always have his tracker on his meChip on and do his daily exercises and take his medication and have his life dictated to him. He didn't want that. Some nights he just wanted to wander around the garden alone. Some nights he didn't want to worry about anything.

So on he walked, oblivious to the fact that he was approaching someone else.
Joule
Joule
Admin

https://divinequeerposse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Flora Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:29 pm

The vine suddenly receded, shrunk away from the man. Libra stared at the plant, confused momentarily. The sound of footsteps suddenly approaching alerted Libra of the cause of the little plants alarm. Libra stared in terror at the man swiftly approaching. He knew that he couldn’t run away from this without alerting the new comer. Libra cowered into his jumper momentary, collecting the courage to confront the visitor.

Libra stood suddenly, clutching his hands to his chest. He cursed his short stature in that moment, seeing that the stranger had quite a few inches on him. Though that might have been an understatement. Libra pulled himself up as tall as he could, however it didn’t make much of a difference. “U-uh, I’m sorry. I was just about to go back to bed. I just needed a bit of fresh air....I’m sorry if I woke anyone up.” Libra squinted, only to realize who it was.

“Joule?!” Libra cocked his head to the side, watching the other hero. “I-I didn’t know that other people came out here.” Libra hugged himself tightly, feeling even more vulnerable now standing before Joule. He knew of the reputation that the other hero had amongst the team. Or rather Urban had warned him to stay away. Libra didn’t know enough about the others to really argue with him. Libra had stayed away, but now he had no choice.
Flora
Flora

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:35 pm

It was one of the heroes he didn't know very well, the flower boy who was always either glued to the garden or to Urban. It somehow seemed natural, to find him out here in the dark all alone. It seemed like something Flora would do.

"Hey... Hey there Flora." He waved a hand, tone more calm and less excited than his standard 'Joule' one. "You didn't wake me. I just... felt like taking a walk. That's all. What are you up to?"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flora Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:19 am

Libra sighed softly, under his breath almost. At least it was someone in the group, it was better than being caught alone at night by someone with less than savory intentions would be far worse. Libra did feel suddenly bad, he had never even considered the possibility of becoming a friend of Joules due to Urban’s opinion.

“Oh...hi Joule.” Libra twisted his hands around the cuff of his sweater, anything to distract him. “Oh....I understand you. I feel like that sometimes. The gardens are a great place to walk, you know?” Obviously he knew, Libra frowned softly at his own thought.
Flora
Flora

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:12 am

"Yeah..." He stared absentmindedly at the stars as if they held some great secret. Nat always looked at the stars a lot. "Yeah it's nice. Quiet. Calm."

"Can't sleep either?"

He wasn't in a flirty mood. Libra didn't really put him in a flirty mood to begin with - it felt as of hitting on a child - but at that particular night, more so than usual.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flora Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Libra followed his gaze, staring at the stars absent mindedly. His hands wrapped themselves in the hem of this sweater, a small habit of his. “Very, usually no one else comes out here. It’s very peaceful.” Libra cringed for a second, realizing that his words could sound rude.

“No...I get nightmares sometimes when I sleep inside...it’s not too bad.” Libra lied about that. It was terrifying, to be woken up by images of being suffocated in a concrete grave. Libra wouldn’t bother anyone else with that knowledge.
Flora
Flora

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:11 pm

"Oh..." he said. He didn't say, yes, I have them too. Every night. Always. They are awful. I understand what you're going through. I really do. He didn't say that, not out loud.

"So... I guess this means you'd rather I left you alone, huh?" he chuckled.

He didn't mind continuing his walk alone. He didn't mind staying. To be honest, he didn't mind anything right now. He was feeling particularly apathetic - a state he was more than familiar with.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down