GG's Divine Queer Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Mission, Team I

+3
Guardian
Zenith
Phoenix
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Special Mission, Team I Empty Special Mission, Team I

Post by Joule Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:02 pm

Breaking news.

The holographic letters flashed in red at the top of the 3v. Those news were all that was showing on most channels that morning. It had happened quickly, overnight. They were still not certain how. Several criminals had broken out of the Devoid, and were now roaming free out there. Several attempts had been made to locate them, but to no avail. The whole city was on alert, and the media were not helping the situation one bit. Several groups of powereds were already rising up, demanding answers, justice, causing trouble.

It was one of those groups that the DQP had been called to deal with. A party of rebels who had taken over one of the Herology Institute research facility buildings at the edge of the city. The mission was a delicate one - they had to move quickly and quietly. It had been decided that their forces would be split in two:

Team Z would charge ahead, trying to zap some sense into the rebels. They would take out their defences, and if they were still met with resistance, they would answer in kind. Their goal would be to contain the enemy powereds without completely destroying the building, as important and expensive equipment was held there.

Team I would hang back, and investigate. There was a chance that these uprisings were connected to the escaped villains, and it was important to find clues connected to the case, as discreetly as possible. While Team Z and the rebels would be distracted, fighting, Team I would sneak into the building and quietly try to find information on their activities and motives. Quietly, GG had stressed repeatedly, staring at Joule and Kade.

The names of the people on each team flashed on a different screen.

Team Z

Freefall/Evan
Phoenix/Nathan
Griffin/Dax
Rush/Jane
Plume/Luca
Sci-Fly/Kevin
Knight/Jackie
Light/Spencer
Copycat/Elijah
Divergence/Trevor

Team I

Joule/Nathaniel
Zenith/Kade
Caeneus/Nicky
Urban/Nathan
Flora/Libra
Acrylic/Rachel
Leviathan/Max
Herald/Arayda
Spellsword/Jacquine
Guardian/Earl
Sci-Fly/Kevin

Each team was lead to a separate room for their briefing.

Last edited by Joule on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Joule
Joule
Admin

https://divinequeerposse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Special Mission, Team I Empty Re: Special Mission, Team I

Post by Joule Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:02 pm

Joule couldn’t understand why he had been placed in Team I. He would have been much more useful in Team Z, where he could actually do some fighting. He wanted some action, not some boring investigation mission. He’d voiced his disagreement with the teams to GG but the producer claimed the orders came from higher up, and there were no changes in the teams to be made. He also made a point to remind Joule of his little… stress issues… he’d faced in their last mission, which had almost cost some some of his team members their lives, and after that Nat was pretty quiet.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:48 pm

"As our investigations team, you must hang back, and wait for Team Z's word. As soon as the path is clear for you, you will make your way through the back of the building, as you can see on this map. All of you have been sent blueprints of all the floors on your meChips, check them now. You will also be able to see each other's location on the map, so you can spread out and then regroup, if it is required.

Team Z should have the enemy units distracted, however, if you do run into anyone, make sure you take them out quietly, before they can notify anyone and give away your presence. We have scanned the building and the base of their activities seems to be in the underground facilities. Still, you should also scout the top floors, for any signs of life and useful information. Make sure you do not destroy any of the institute's equipment.

This is a simple information gathering mission for you, so I want no heroics. If you run into trouble, get out, and call Team Z. You are not to engage the enemy unless absolutely necessary.

Are we clear?"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:31 am

Acrylic frowned at the inclusion of Joule into Team I- he was just too damn flashy for a sensitive mission like this. She hoped GG knew what he was doing- if anything he had faith in him, if not mister flashy-flashy-bang-bang.

She did a quick review over the data given to her MeChip. She had a gut feeling that there was definitely some more nefarious force at work causing these riots. Vigilante justice- dammit, that stuff was just too dangerous. That's why you've got to get a license to hero. It was the RESPONSIBLE thing to do- it keeps you accountable.

Acrylic nodded as GG finished his briefing, "Crystal clear, GG."
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:55 am

Nicky was fine with the team she was on. Defence was her thing, and it meant she probably wouldn't have to use her powers too much. Which was great, because it took way too much power to control them in battles like this.

Nicky hummed as she read over the information and looked at the blue prints, already having Athena take notes on all the windows and escape routes. They weren't supposed to actually confront the enemy, so it would be a big plus to keep a track of any emergency escape routes. Who knew what could happen? And unlike some, she wasn't able to heal, or to lay her life on the line when she could easily get away.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 am

[Mr. FLASHY-FLASHY-BANG-BANG I CAN'T. RACHEL I LOVE YOU.]

They did a head count before heading off. Joule felt as if he were back in school and rolled his eyes when his head was counted. They were superheroes for crying out loud, they didn't need to be babied. They could take care of themselves. Besides, a simple mission like that didn't need ten people, they should have sent more to Team Z. Especially Joule. He should have definitely be sent to Team Z. He kept childishly telling himself that, whining in his head at how stupid the whole arrangement was.

His second complaint came when they were taken to the garage, and told that they were all to travel together in a team vehicle, not fly. Even the fact that the vehicle looked like a long bat-mobile did little to soothe his nerves.

"This is bull!" he childishly stomped his foot down as soon as he had taken his seat. "This mission is stupid!"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:00 am

Stealth. Stealth. He'd been put on the team meant for stealth. What the fuck? That didn't even make any sense. Kade supposed he could manage it, if he had to, but seriously? And they'd put him with Joule. Of all people. Who in their right mind thought that was a good idea after what had happened? He shoved it all aside, to the back of his mind. It wouldn't do to be agonising over that, not with a mission as serious as this.

He didn't say a word throughout the whole briefing, and quietly got into the vehicle- making a point of sitting as close to the back and as far away from Joule as possible. Yes, he'd be able to work with him as part of the team, but that was it. He wasn't ready to be anywhere near him aside from that.

As he watched Joule's childish display, he couldn't help but internally agree. These team arrangements were stupid. There was nothing they could do about them, though. And he couldn't shake the feeling that something was... off about this whole thing. Probably just paranoia. He'd been feeling a lot of that lately. Ugh, whatever. He was thinking about this too much.
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 am

Joule folded his arms and stared out the tiny window. A small camera orb floated by his head and he batted it away. He wasn't in the mood for it. He wasn't in the mood for the mission. And he was certainly not in the mood for being around Kade. Irately and in a low tone, he asked Richard to show him his Legend once again.

89. Slugging 89.

It had suffered a drop after his outbursts at Kade and Nathan, not to mention his continuous cock-ups during missions. He'd entered this show to become more famous, but his reputation was only worsening. It didn't matter. It was only a temporary thing. He'd show them, he'd show them all what he was worth.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Skimming over the information that was provided to them for the mission, Earl wasn't quite sure how this mission would turn out. He was certain at the fact that he would be better off here than fighting in the front line, since all he can do is defense rather than offense, however he wasn't sure how he would handle current situation. Being surrounded by strangers, which he would prefer to spend more time observing, and work on a mission wasn't something that he wanted to do at this moment. There was reason why he preferred working in smaller groups since he would have less things to care.

Ignoring the commotion, as he always have, Earl checked the blueprint with Irene to learn about the building structures. Irene pointed out various advice like always, allowing Earl to relax little more. For someone with abilities like his, it was best to stay behind and help others when it was necessary. Even though 1 km radius seemed long, Earl knew that it really wasn't, especially during the fights. His goal in this mission was to protect others from getting harm so they can continue on with the mission. It wasn't most eye-catching role in the mission, but he didn't decide to join the show for fame anyway. He could care less about those.

As long as he doesn't lose his concentration, he would be fine throughout this mission... Plus if his other power doesn't go out of control.

Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:52 am

Acrylic rolled her eyes at Joule's whining, "Cut the belly aching- we've got a job and we're gonna do it right. I don't know why the guys upstairs would put our heavy hitters in the stealth mission, but there's gotta be a reason for it. So how about we stop moping about poor us who won't be in the limelight kicking powered butt and try to do our jobs, okay?"

Using her reserve of plastic that she usually forms into her quarterstaff, Acrylic used the floor plan to make a visual model of the building, "Our priority, as GG said before, is gathering information in the underground levels. There seems to be good entrances here and here," She said, pointing out a pair of vents, "I say we avoid splitting up as much as we can- safety in numbers. I've got a feeling there's someone big agitating and causing this situation. Maybe even one of the Devoid escapees. So I say we go through this vent that leads straight to the basement and work our way up."

She looked to the rest of the team, "Remember, this is about information retrieval and stealth only- Joule, Zenith, I'm looking at you. Keep it on the down-low. Other than that, keep your eyes out. Any objections?"
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:15 am

"I know the reason!" Being told off by Rachel only made Joule's whining louder. "It's because they're complete tossers. How's that for a reason?"

He disagreed with most of what she said. They had a better chance at retrieving whatever information they needed if they split up. Any other team members with him would only slow him down, he worked best alone. Not to mention, he couldn't wait to get away from Kade. He'd tried speaking to him. He didn't exactly have a way with words, but he'd tried, and Kade had simply thrown his efforts back in his face, so he was done trying to make him come around. He didn't want him to anyway. He didn't care about him.

"Honey, I don't know if you've noticed, but I hardly think I could fit through a vent. And hey, I can totally do stealth! I think it's stupid and useless, but I can do it when I need to, so quit staring at me like that! I can use my powers subtly, unlike certain other members here."
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:33 am

Shut the fuck up, Nat.

Wait, 'Nat' ? No, it was Joule. Nothing else. And Joule was being a belligerent child, a per usual. Kade found himself glaring at him- and quickly snapped his attention back to Rachel.

"Can't say I like the idea of crawling through air ducts," He said, finally speaking for the first time since this had all started. "But I don't hear anyone else coming up with any bright ideas." It was an honest comment, though if it sounded like he was making a jab at someone, then that wasn't exactly unintentional either. He was fine with making this mission work, even if he didn't like it- and there was Joule whining like an entitled brat. If he didn't want to cooperate, then fine. They could easily handle things without him.
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:33 pm

Oh this was going to be great. Nicky knew passive personal jabs when she saw them, and there were definitely a few flying around in the air. She hummed, resting her head on her hand and looking at everyone. Honestly, if she had known she was going to get stuck on a team with the fighting love birds, she would have made sure she got a transfer over to the offensive team.

"I do believe that we should be focusing on the mission," she said, tone as polite as always. "All personal issues with one another should be left alone until after we've completed our task and are back to a place of safety. Otherwise, any unresolved tensions can lead to disastrous results that risk the safety of the other members of the group."
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:11 pm

"Yeah cause getting ten people through a vent won't be noisy or suspicious at all. Look, the rebels are going to be distracted with the other team, there's no need to be so timid." Joule put his legs up on the seat in front of him, stretching out with his arms behind his head.

"This means there will probably not be anyone left watching the cameras. Even so Nicky could send one of their little pet things to scout the area. Cameras would most likely be watching here, here, and here," he pointed towards points on the map. "As they are focused on entrances and spots on the ground, there will be several blind spots on the ceiling. I can reverse gravity so we can walk on it, upside down, then change it again when we are through to the lower floors. And if by any chance anyone does spot us, I can isolate any sound waves they create, that is to say, even if they shout, no one will be able to hear them."

At that point he asked Richard to make the 3D model of the building larger, so they could get a better look at the different floors.

"Guards will most likely be placed in these locations," he pointed. "I suggest we split in two, one group takes out any guards and makes sure no one finds us, the other goes to the basement and starts looking. There are only two entrances to the basement, the stairs over there, or the lift. I can let out a controlled electromagnetic pulse and cut the power, so the lifts are inoperable, which only leaves one entrance for us to defend." He pointedly ignored the fact that Kade would most likely be better suited to deal with anything electromagnetic. "That way the group in the basement can move freely, with no worries of anyone coming after them. Once the basement is clear, we repeat the process for the floor above. Once I have a good idea of where the cameras are, I can manipulate the light around them, so that it seems as if the corridors and rooms are empty. We will be practically invisible."

He folded his arms and stared straight at Kade.

"How's that for a bright idea?"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Herald Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Arayda saw the announcement, disgruntled by the news. She would have preferred for a bit more action, but what could she do? Resigning, she entered the briefing room in silence, noting she was seemingly behind schedule with others already discussing fervently about their plans.

Not that she understood why it was necessary for plans. Just run and get the job done, right? She rather have acted according to her gut. While she'd looked at the plan, she didn't think much of it. She looked around, clicking her tongue at the sight of a few children, including Earl who was seemingly engrossed in his personal study of the floor plan.

Rachel or Earl, she wondered, choosing familiar and comfortable faces to approach. Not so keen on approaching the group discussion, she made her pick and glanced over at Earl.

"What are you thinking?" She asked.

Leave it up for others to be the brains. Arayda was not one of them.
Herald
Herald

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Kade felt annoyance bubble up inside him as Joule went ahead and proposed a new plan- but somehow managed to keep his face in an even expression. Joule's plan very obviously revolved around him, and would force everyone to rely on his lead and his powers. Not to mention the fact that he had clearly made a point to say that he could handle the things that Kade could, as if he were trying to say that Kade wasn't even needed. He'd done it on purpose- he knew he had.

Go fuck yourself, you arrogant slugging bastard.

Was Joule staring at him? He was. Kade defiantly stared right back, not giving any sign of reacting other than that. He wasn't going to argue, he wasn't going to rise to Joule's baiting. As Nicky had said, there was absolutely no room for personal issues in this- something that Joule was apparently very happy to ignore. Which was actually pissing him off more than being stuck with him was.

"Fine."

That was it. That was all he said. And just waited for whatever input anyone else had. He didn't care how they did this, just that they got it done. Preferably with him having to deal with Joule and his show boating as little as possible. He just did not have the mental fortitude to deal with his immaturity right now.
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Acrylic hummed, going through Joule's plan in her head. It was solid- though it did rely on Joule handling moving the entire group through the building undetected.

"Well, you actually came up with a pretty solid plan, Joule- not exactly a straight shot to the bottom, but a bit more subtle. But I have to say, I'm a bit concerned about you overclocking your powers- moving the whole group AND taking out all the electronic monitoring might take you out before we're through. Zenith- do you think you can get the cameras to duplicate a loop of video feed while Joule takes care of moving us? And Spellsword, I don't suppose you can form restraints or gags with your energy constructs?"

This was a group effort- Acrylic had to play to the strengths of her team. It reminded her of that one episode of the Hero Project- near the end where the finalists had to use the strengths of their team to take out the other team of heroes.
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:57 am

So what if his plan relied mostly on himself? That, in his opinion, was his safest bet. No need to rely on anyone, he could just handle things on his own, as he always did. Other people just got in the way. Still, he hated to admit it, but Rachel's suggestion made more sense. Plus that way he'd have to worry less about multitasking while moving the rest of the team.

Even if he hated to acknowledge Kade's existence and usefulness to the group, he nodded at Rachel. "Sure. Whatever. Let's just do it and get this whole thing over with."
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:10 am

Acrylic frowned, looking between  Joule and Zenith, before sighing, "Alright, whatever's going on between you two, you need to lock it down- lives are at stake here, both our own and innocent civilians. If you're gonna act pissy during the whole mission it puts everyone at risk and I'm not having that. Do I make myself clear? Otherwise you two can be happy stuck with lookout duty and the rest of us will manage without you. We're not having this mission go FUBAR like last time- understand?"

Rachel may have been kinder in this situation and got them to talk it out, but Acrylic wasn't taking this shit. She was professional first, and she would not take idiocy in the line of duty.
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Herald Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:03 am

Kevin had a huge issue with the entire set-up. Knowing that he was placed on the offense unnerved him -- he was not at all inclined to be thrown right into centre of the action. Granted he was able to make his own swords, but the scientist was not ready for combat. Looking at cadavers and killing lab mice was one thing; but slicing anyone with a blade in cold blood was not on his bucket list.

Also an early demise was a terrifying prospect. He was destined for nobel prices, not 'noble' deaths.

Despite the fact he knew his boyfriend was probably being debriefed with his assigned team, he joined Team I without a care. Surely there was no real consequence for at least swapping out with someone in here. He was still participating, and as long as he was safer he was plenty content.

Also for an emergency such as this, shouldn't people be assigned based on their strengths? If this was a test of his intellect to put him in the wrong group, moving teams without a word was his answer.

Hands akimbo he approached the larger group, listening to their planning.

"If you're worried about your health, Joule. I can disable the systems," He grinned, wriggling his fingers in pride. "My speciality."
Herald
Herald

Back to top Go down

Special Mission, Team I Empty In which Joule is a pouty 5 year old

Post by Joule Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:06 am

"Acrylic, I can assure you there is nothing going on between us two, and there never was. So there isn't going to be a problem."

Joule sat upright in his seat as the vehicle took a sharp turn, buildings zooming past their small windows as they approached their destination.

"There is nothing wrong with my health!" He snapped at Kevin, then blinked in confusion. "And why are you here? You weren't assigned to this team! I'm sure a lot of us would've liked to have changed teams, but we didn't, so what makes you think you get special treatment?"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Herald Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:28 am

Kevin frowned at the response he was getting, but still choosing to stand his ground.

"Your decision, not mine." Kevin rationalised, and shrugged with nonchalance. "Frankly, if you're so upset about it, you could have just done the same -- Take off and join the other team. Go ahead and take my spot why don't you? No one's telling you not to change."

He took a seat, before taking another look at the set of blueprints.

"You know, it's best to put our best skills where they belong," he continued, "Mine are here. That's all there is. Better get this mission done properly than put everyone at risk for a bit of good 3v."

Slugger rules. Slugger Joule and anyone who dared to stop him from being here. This whole mission was a clusterfuck, and he if he was going to participate in this, he planned to do it professionally. (Of course, while saving his own skin.)
Herald
Herald

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:48 am

[Just so I can edit the teams, who did Kevin switch with?]

Joule was angry. Not so much at Kevin, for switching teams, but rather at himself, for not doing so first. He'd never been one to follow the rules, so why had he stayed there? Why hadn't he left when he'd had the chance? It didn't matter, now they were already on the move, and it would be impossible to switch.

"Just make sure our ratings don't go down because of you, okay?" he said irately, turning away from Kevin and sinking back into his seat.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Herald Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:41 am

[omg idk, anyone who isn't here? i'd swap arayda out but she's now moving too ;v; LOL]

"Yeah, yeah."

Kevin waved off Joule's final comment, smiling at himself for his own success. He looked around, realising he wasn't too familiar with everyone in this team -- but that was no big deal. He was flexible.

Last edited by Herald on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Herald
Herald

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:37 pm

So they had someone abandon the other team to join them? Well wasn't that something. Nicky looked the newcomer over, humming softly in the back of her throat. She had seen this one around in passing, but that was about it. Whatever his name and powers were was beyond her.

"So, what are your powers then, if they would be much better suited on this team?" she asked, cocking her head to the side, hand resting idly on her shield, tracing random patterns onto the smooth metal.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next