GG's Divine Queer Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not harassing Nathan [Joule, Phoenix]

2 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Not harassing Nathan [Joule, Phoenix] - Page 8 Empty Re: Not harassing Nathan [Joule, Phoenix]

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Nathan nodded. So Joule came with his own monitors for his vitals? That was good. It spared them a lot of time trying to suit him up with everything needed, and trying to find the machines necessary.

"It would be great if you could do that," he said, mind already racing to find the words necessary to help Joule feel more comfortable about it. "It's merely a precaution, y'know, to see how your body reacts to you using your powers like that. I mean, I can't imagine you would have done something similar before." Nathan hoped it wouldn't be like when Joule tried to turn back time. He didn't want the other to have another stroke, especially not here since Nathan was sure it would take awhile for Helen to get here if she was needed.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Not harassing Nathan [Joule, Phoenix] - Page 8 Empty Re: Not harassing Nathan [Joule, Phoenix]

Post by Joule Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:01 pm

"A precaution huh?" He chuckled, walking with Nathan towards one of the rooms. "Just admit it, you're worried I'm gonna kick the dust if I mess up or push myself too hard. Well I can assure you I'll be fine. It's (mostly) dangerous just when I control time. So. Yeah. No worried. How we gonna test this?"

Joule ran his fingers through his hair, fidgeting a little, excited but also a little nervous. He did not want to mess this up.
Joule
Joule
Admin

https://divinequeerposse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:24 pm

"Yeah, I am. I'm worried that you'll get hurt, and I haven't really seen any medical personnel, or actually anyone else, around, and I can only do so much," Nathan admitted. He didn't have an issue with admitting things like that. It was in his nature. He cared. There was no point in denying that. Nathan denied a lot of things, but never that he cared.

As to how they were going to test this...

"Well, we should probably start with you trying to manipulate gravity enough to create a small wormhole? To be honest, I'm not quite sure since I don't really understand how your powers work. You'll also need to manipulate negative energy, but-- Ah, this is going to be a whole bunch of trials, really," Nathan said, rubbing his neck, his brow furrowing in thought. "This is all hypothetical, so we'll need to test what does and doesn't work, and you may need to create the second opening as well in order for us to get any results."
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:24 pm

"I don't need anyone caring for me, but hey thanks for the thought. I guess." Joule shrugged, avoiding Nathan's gaze as he walked to the centre of the room. "I don't need anyone worrying about me so just focus on getting the experiment done. I'll be fine."

He claped and rubbed his hands together, pacing a bit, trying to decide where to start.

"So like do I lift something heavy for you to see or make something spin or whatever? Or do I just kinda go for the hole? I've read on them but then again I don't need to know exactly how it works in order to do it so I guess we're cool?"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:28 pm

Nathan resisted the urge to snort at that. Joule was too reckless, even if he tried his best to stay healthy. He used his powers too willy nilly and Nathan was sure that that would have some sort of affect on his health.

Sighing, Nathan ran a hand through his hair as he thought, trying to figure out where they should start. Perhaps he should have given the other some homework of sorts, get him to read up on wormholes.

"Well," he began, "lifting something heavy won't really help us out much. What you're going to have to do is try to manipulate the gravity in one spot. So, we'll need to kind of go for the wormhole right off the bat. So, essentially, you'll need to make a black hole, but influence the gravity so much that you open the event horizon. But for now... maybe it's best to see if you can actually make a black hole. Just a small one, because that's actually the easy part compared to what would theoretically come next."

Hopefully, Joule would be able to do so, and no one or anything would be sucked in. Nathan hummed softly in thought.

"No, actually, what you need to do first is create a space that would keep the black hole from actually having any influence on the area outside it. If you can't do that, then we're fucked."
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:45 am

"Opening the.... Event horizon...?" He tried his best not to sound too confused. "Um. Okay. Sure. No problem."

Waving his hands around as if about to us his powers, Joule licked his lips, concentrating. He had never even attempted anything close to this and though he wasn't doubting his ability to actually create the hole, he wasn't too confident in his understandit of the subject and of what he was about to do. It was as if taking a dangerous shot in the dark, and he was his own target - well, he, Nathan and possibly the rest of the area, or the world, if you wanted to be ever so dramatic.

"What would that area need to have? I'm assuming some kind if vacuum void thing. I've tried to put people in a vacuum before so I can do something like that. Then it'll need to negate the gravitational force of the black hole so stuff around doesn't get sucked in... I guess it'll have to be trial and error."
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:16 am

How was he supposed to understand this all to Joule in a way that the other would understand? Even Nathan wasn't fully sure what was needed, because this was all theoretical, and it really did have to be trial and error. Which was immensely dangerous. Slugger, why had he agreed to this again? It made Nathan's stomach twist uncomfortably, but the voice was practically squealing in delight. That was never a good sign.

"Essentially, yeah, it needs to at least be able to cancel out the black hole's gravitational pull so that nothing outside of the area can be sucked in," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. They couldn't really afford to mess this up. This results could be catastrophic. "It's... It will need to strong, to cancel out the black hole's influence. But if you can do that, it's one step closer to potentially being able to create a wormhole."

Maybe if they managed to make it stronger, it would actually do more than cancel out the hole's gravitational pull, and give the negative gravity needed to open the even horizon and transform the black hole into a wormhole. It was still all theory, but it was the best they had to go on. If Joule could do it though. Nathan watched the other carefully, frowning slightly.

Would Joule be able to do it?
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Joule snapped his fingers towards the centre of the room, then turned to Nathan with a grin on his face.

"There. Done. The space is created." He waited for a few moments, staring at the other's expression, before bursting out laughing. "Okay okay no just kidding haha it would be great if it were that easy huh?"

His chuckles dying down, Nat began to focus. His expression grew more serious and he pursed his lips in concentration. How was he going to actually do this? This wasn't just a vacuum. This was different. Though he supposed it was similar, in several ways. With his eyes closed and his arm extended, he began to reach for his powers, gently connecting with it, nature, physics, all the possibilities, ready to bend under his command. No matter how many times he used his powers, it felt just as exhilarating.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:55 pm

If Joule could have done something like that with just a snap of his fingers, Nathan would have kissed him, given him his first born, be his servant for eternity(though something told him that he wouldn't really enjoy that job), and just do everything he could. So his dumbfounded and shocked expression from hearing those words turned to one of disappointment, and he sighed, shaking his head.

"If things were that simple, we could have found out if we can actually create a wormhole by now," Nathan mused. He still watched Joule like a hawk though, reading his body language. He didn't care if the other had told him not to worry about it. There was no way on Earth that Nathan was going to look past even the smallest sign that it was too much for Joule. It would be amazing to create a wormhole, to prove that they can exist outside of the mathematics, but there was no way in Hell that the discovery would ever be worth more than someone's life.

But Joule had shown he had a strong desire to live. So Nathan shouldn't have to worry too much about him going past his limits, right?
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 am

The safe area had to be created simultaneously with the black hole. If created separately, there would be a risk of it collapsing in itself. Not only did he have to focus on creating the black hole, but also figure out how to keep it safe from the rest of the world simultaneously.

"Right then..." Eyebrows knitted, eyes shut, he continued to gently wave his hand around, feeling each string, each bond of the world on his fingertips. Spacetime was a piece of fabric, a net, and all he had to do was fold it, cut a hole in it, bend it, alter it. Simple. Right?

I guess I'll never know until I try. Yolo.

Joule began to poke at the fabric, trying to figure out how he would actually create the hole in it. There was an uneasy feeling, a shift in space, something uncomfortable in the pit of his stomach, but he kept prodding.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Nathan watched in curiosity and worry as Joule tried to create the area and black hole. He wasn't sure what to expect, or what it should look like, but nothing went unnoticed by him. It didn't help though that Nathan was focusing mostly on Joule, looking for any warning signs that this would be too much for him. The usage of energy for something like this had to be huge, and Nathan barely knew anything about how Joule's powers affected his body.

Nathan hummed softly, tapping his fingers against the board of one of the machines. His body was tensing, and he really hoped that he wouldn't need to go in there because Joule passed out. Or worse.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:50 am

The process was more grueling than Joule had expected. It took him several minutes, which felt like hours, to even grasp the edges of the fabric, and several more until he could even begin to try and force a hole through it. His frown deepened in concentration as his fingers moved in delicate patterns. The room was no longer a room, it was just a part of the net, a part of the fabric, as were the objects, the people, the air in it.

He breathed evenly as he raised his other arm, making a pinching motion with both hands, as if he was waving an invisible door open. The air around the centre of the room shifted. Dust stirred.

I've got this.

With determination Nat opened his eyes, his movements now much more confident, less delicate and shy. He grasped at the air and tugged, a small smirk on his face. It was there. The hole was being torn; it was too small to see, but it was there, he could feel it.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Nathan wasn't sure what Joule had done, but he definitely felt that something was different now. He saw the dust stir from his observation spot, and how Joule was growing more confident, smirking. Had he done it?

Nathan leaned forward, holding his breath. Had Joule managed to do it? Had he really managed to create a black hole and an area around it that would keep it from destroying everything in the room? The thought that Joule had managed to do it made his heart beat faster in excitement.

Was it really that simple, that all it took was a few minutes and Joule could create a black hole? That was beyond an amazing thought, and what it meant power wise... It was absolutely amazing.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Oh yeah. He was amazing. Joule was incredible. Joule was totally the best superhero out there. Clearly his power was superior to that of others. The whole world would come to admire him one day because he was so incredible. He had the universe at his fingertips, he had the power to create, and to destroy, he was obviously a being of higher power he-

He was moving. Why was he moving. Why were his feet being dragged across the floor, towards the centre of the room? That wasn't supposed to happen. The black hole was too tiny, it shouldn't have been dangerous, besides, the safe area-

Safe area. Piss. I knew I was forgetting something.

Nat fumbled to contain the hole and create the safe area around it, but with a nervous jolt of his hand he only succeeded in making the hole larger. He tried to step back, to stop his feet sliding against the floor, but tripped over an object which had been knocked over due to the increasing force of the hole.

Slugger.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Of course, something like this was going to happen. Shit. Nathan's eyes widened and he was frozen in terror for a moment because Joule was being sucked towards a black hole. What was he supposed to do?

"Shit!" Nathan cursed, not even thinking that there was nothing he was actually able to do to stop a black hole and that maybe there was a better option than running into a room with a black hole to save Joule. But he had to do something because he wasn't going to let Joule be eaten by a black hole. So he found himself quickly running into the room, feeling the force of the black hole's gravity already pulling on him.

Oh god. Could he regenerate if he was eaten by a black hole? Joule couldn't so he had to get Joule out of there. Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit.

Nathan rushed over to Joule, managing to avoid tripping over anything, kneeling next to the other and grabbing onto him, as if that would actually do anything.

"Joule, you have to close that black hole now! It's going to grow bigger if it's not stopped now!" he said, glancing towards it. Would he be able to destroy it with black fire? Could he burn a black hole? God, he didn't know, and they had to do something or else they were in serious trouble. Black holes grew notoriously slow, but Joule had given it a bit of a boost, and they were in immediate danger. Something had to be done.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:26 pm

"N-nono I've totally got this!" Joule steadied himself against Nathan, leaning backwards, resisting the pull of the hole.

Okay so perhaps he didn't precisely 'have this.' But soon, he would. He would get it all under control, there was nothing to worry about. Just a black hole. That's all. No problem.

He gripped onto Nathan tighter as the pull towards the centre of the room became stronger. A few small objects were already flying in.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Nathan was growing more and more worried as the pull began to become stronger, worry sinking into the pit of his stomach. What could he do to stop this, because Joule wasn't acting fast enough.

The black hole wasn't working. Their experiment wasn't working. They were being pulled towards it, and Nathan wasn't seeing any sign that Joule was going to be able to stop it.

It didn't work.

Nathan raised his hand and aimed towards the black hole, letting a burst of cosmic fire fly forward, praying to any gods listening that the fire would destroy the black hole. Cosmic fire burned what didn't work, and this wasn't working.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Joule almost fell back as the gravitational pull ceased. He steadied himself against the wall, blinked several times, then turned to Nathan.

"What'd you do that for?! I totally had it under control! It was just a little hiccup that's all! I would've fixed it! Sheesh!"

He paced about irately, annoyed that all his hard work had been destroyed in an instant. And also, somewhere deep inside him, worried. Nathan had been able to burn a black hole. How had he even done that? Just how powerful was he? Then again, it was only a small one, perhaps a larger one would have been more difficult for the other hero to deal with. He hoped he'd never have to find out.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:42 pm

"I panicked," Nathan said. And he had. He had been so sure that Joule wouldn't be able to stop it, that they both would have been pulled into it. He might have been able to survive, but Joule wouldn't have. There was no way the other hero would be able to survive a black hole.

He watched Joule pacing, feeling his stomach twist in guilt. He had upset him, hadn't he? Nathan should have trusted that Joule would be able to control things, and then maybe they wouldn't be back to square one. Though that was only a whole bunch of maybes. There was no guarantee that Joule would have been able to fix things. He had done the most logical thing given the circumstances. Nathan hoped dearly that Joule would realize that.

The last thing Nathan wanted was to make Joule angry at him.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Joule wasn't angry at Nathan, not one bit. He didn't hold grudges, and besides, he hadn't even been angry to begin with. Just a little annoyed. Mostly at himself. He should have remembered the safe area, he should have kept the hole under better control. Still he didn't beat himself up over it. It hadn't been so bad; he'd been able to actually create a black hole, which was quite cool. This was simply the first step to success.

"Sooo... That wasn't too bad huh? LET'S DO IT AGAIN!" a wide grin crept upon his face as he pranced excitedly around Nathan, taking his hands and dancing like a little child.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Again? Joule wanted to try that again? Nathan wasn't sure if he was crazy, mishearing what Joule was saying, or something like that. Could Joule do that again so soon? Didn't it take a lot of energy to do something like that? What if he fainted, or worse, had another stroke?

"Well, if you think you're up for it," Nathan said. This time he would be in the room so that the moment anything went wrong, he would be right there. That is, if Joule didn't dance them both unconscious first. Joule seemed really excited, and the excitement was a bit contagious, since Nathan found himself smiling slightly. Maybe Joule could do it. After all, with Nathan in the room, he'd be able to pull the plug if he thought Joule couldn't handle it, so why not let him have another go?
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:33 pm

The excitement wore off as soon as Joule was concentrating again, trying to repeat what he had previously done, except this time with the added safety measures. It went well at first, and then the dizziness kicked in, and he was falling back, down to the floor, and everything was becoming blurry.

Perhaps the first attempt had tired him more than he'd liked to admit. He hadn't realised that creating a black hole could be so exhausting.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Ah, Nathan really should have expected that as he rushed forward to catch Joule before he could hit the ground. Joule had probably used a whole bunch of energy creating the first black hole, and it was Joule. He wouldn't show how things affected him for once, would he? Nathan sighed, quickly checking Joule's vitals.

"You idiot," he mumbles, carefully resting Joule down on the floor as he looked around. He didn't have any idea what was all in this base, or where the first aid kit. He prayed Joule had just passed out and that was it.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:09 pm

"Mmm ffine I'm ffine..." he slurred his words as he waved a hand dismissively. "Just... a little... tired. H-hahaha mmaaan it aalywas ttakes qquite a bit of energy tto get used to nnew stuff."

"Whohoooo stars~" Nat pointed to the ceiling, with a goofy grin on his face.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:18 pm

"I'd say you are," Nathan said, pursing his lips as he looked Joule over. So far it seemed like he really was just exhausted. Hopefully that was all it was. Though when he looked up at the ceiling and didn't see any stars, he got a bit worried. Joule was hallucinating? That probably wasn't a good thing.

"Joule... There are no stars."
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next